Friday, December 12, 2008

Bah, Humbug!




For some reason (could it be a wedding?) I am having a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit. Oh, I'm doing my shopping alright, done and wrapped even, but I haven't been interested in listening to Christmas music, decorating (as the pictures show, that stuff has been out for several days), writing the Christmas letter, baking, and even watching Scrooge and It's a Wonderful Life isn't helping much. I think that this year just went by too fast, too jam-packed with things and events. It feels like it should maybe be September, definitely not December yet. I want to enjoy the nice fall days a little longer, have Halloween again, with a little less chaos, have a more relaxed Thanksgiving where I could really enjoy it and not just run around trying to get things done. I don't know why it is but life just is whizzing by full of have-to's instead of want-to's. I've been trying to ignore the housework and just enjoy the fun stuff but somehow that isn't helping much:) Maybe by Valentine's Day I will be ready for Christmas. That just may be when y'all get your Christmas cards from us!

6 comments:

Andrea Wyss said...

so, what you're saying is, it seems like i haven't been gone at all? thanks mom! geez.

haha, i just kidding!

Erica said...

That's kinda sad Mom. Especially considering it's my wedding that has freaked

Paula said...

I can totally relate to your feelings. Weddings can make you forget almost everything.

Kimi said...

Your wedding hasn't freaked me out Erica. I just can't seem to get up for Christmas. Time is just going by too fast. But no worries, I let Emma put the ornaments on the tree last night. Looks good! Oh, Andrea, it seems like you've been gone a long time. Time is weird like that!

JoEllen said...

I understand. We got out our tree nearly two weeks ago. It has decorations on it and presents under it, but there are still my decorations to put on it (the kids have done theirs) and all the other stuff that needs to be put out. But, that means cleaning up the living room. I just can't go there.

MadMama said...

I totally understand. (well besides a daughter getting married part ;) It took us 2 weeks after we got all the decorations out to get them all up. And the boxes are still in the dining room. It seems like Christmas is coming so much faster this year!