Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow!








I had this song going through my head all Sunday morning. We woke up to rain mixed with snow which later turned to all snow. I love it when it falls gently with big flakes. I desperately wanted to skip church and just stay home, not just because I didn't want to drive in it, but because I love to sit by the fire with a good book and be able to look out the window at the falling snow. The kids, of course, just wanted to play in it. I could hardly get Emma dressed in her church clothes because she just wanted to put her snow pants on and go play! Alyssa especially loves the snow and will spend hours outside in it. When we got home from church it had pretty much stopped snowing so they all changed into their snowgear (a major project) and went outside. Alyssa went out and shoveled the driveway for us, although not all of it. Dave got to use his new snowblower. It was very cold the next day and the pond was starting to freeze over. (We have what is officially called a Great Pond near us which is really a lake. I'll get pictures of it sometime.) Today it is all gone and it is 60 degrees. That's my kind of snow-only an inch or two, just enough to play in, and it's all gone in a couple of days.


1 comment:

MadMama said...

Wow! Look at all that snow! It looks like the kids had a blast!