Friday, December 19, 2008

Moms aren't allowed to be sick

I really don't feel well today. I have a sore throat and my head hurts and I'm all congested. I really needed to take a day off and just stay home in bed but Christmas is next week and so is Erica's wedding and we have a major storm coming in, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. I had to go out. I had no choice. So I got Emma to school, went to the mall, the library, the post office, the grocery store, to Garrett's school to pick him up and to Emma's school to pick her up. I'm all done and home and hunkered down with the snow starting to pile up. I should be resting but I can't seem to relax. I mean there is laundry to do and the kitchen is dirty and phone calls to make, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera (I am thinking of the "King and I" as I type those). Someone needs to force me to take it easy but Dave is still at work (he has let all the employees go but he is still there-I think he's going to have to spend the night there if he doesn't get home fast:) and the kids, well you know kids, as soon as I lay down they will be knocking at my door, sure as shootin'. Moms just aren't allowed to be sick!

No comments: